Shared Services Cluster
Hilton Australia builds a Shared Services Centre to distribute knowledge and reduce overheads across the portfolio
Our client Hilton Australia manages dozens of properties in locations across Australia and Asia-Pacific. To benefit from the group’s scale, it was decided to cluster services in a single centre of excellence based in Sydney, to service their entire Australian operation.
With dozens of properties across the region, certain capabilities in Accounting, Finance or Payroll were duplicated, while others were lacking in certain locations.
Remote locations in particular had a hard time recruiting the right talents to provide all required support services.
With outdated paper-based processes and different ways of working in each property, compliance with certain group-wide policies was a challenge as well.
The DocMX team analysed the existing processes and worked with the client teams to design efficiency improvements:
- It was decided to cluster Finance, HR and Payroll services for all Australian properties into a single centre of excellence based in Sydney
- AP, AR, HR and Payroll processes were digitised and automated to enable seamless collaboration between the properties and the Shared Services Centre
- No more physical paperwork was required to conduct these processes
- Compliance: finance & HR processes are conducted in line with group policies and current legislation
- Skills & knowledge distribution: all properties can now benefit from the highest-quality services provided at the group level
- Overheads efficiencies: significant financial savings and productivity increase with less staff required, reduced printing costs, and staff focusing on value-added tasks rather than admin.
- Collaboration across department silos: with one central information repository, all properties and departments are able to communicate in an efficient way.
- Data and network security: going paperless has enabled our client to benefit from the latest data security, storage and recovery features powered by Amazon AWS, and comply with ISO standards for data security.
- User-friendly powerful Cloud solution: beyond the organisational changes, there was little deployment and maintenance workload for the Hilton IT teams, and the users quickly adopted the system with little training.
Read more customer success stories:
Read how a top Sydney hotel succeeded in reducing yearly printing volumes from 3 million pages to less than 1 million, providing a better customer experience, saving money and helping the environment.